Chair in Zoology
Page 1 of 51 Results 1 to 10 of 508
- Zhang, X, Smith, NA, Sumowski, MT, Anderson, JM, Anderson, K, Badenoch, EA, Brady, SJ, Coleman, M, Coull, RF, Green, D, Innes, RJ, Laing, CM, Mckinley, R, Mclennan, MS, Murray, S, Phillips, B, Rae, S, Rankin, S, Satar, I, Shanks, S, Sim, FJ, Walker, N, Howard, D, Sniehotta, FF, Jackson, DM, Vaanholt, LM, Hambly, C & Speakman, JR 2020, 'Active travelling to school is not associated with increased total daily physical activity levels, or reduced obesity and cardiovascular/pulmonary health parameters in 10-12 year olds: a cross-sectional cohort study', International Journal of Obesity.
- Speakman, JR 2020, 'An Evolutionary Perspective on Sedentary Behavior', BioEssays, vol. 42, no. 1, 1900156. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bies.201900156
- Zhao, ZJ, Derous, D, Gerard, A, Wen, J, Liu, X, Tan, S, Hambly, C & Speakman, J 2020, 'Limits to sustained energy intake. XXX: Constraint or restraint? Manipulations of food supply show peak food intake in lactation is constrained', Journal of Experimental Biology. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1242/jeb.208314
- Green, CL, Mitchell, SE, Derous, D, Wang, Y, Chen, L, Han, J-DJ, Promislow, DEL, Lusseau, D, Douglas, A & Speakman, JR 2020, 'The Effects of Graded Levels of Calorie Restriction: XIV. Global Metabolomics Screen Reveals Brown Adipose Tissue Changes in Amino Acids, Catecholamines, and Antioxidants After Short-Term Restriction in C57BL/6 Mice', The Journals of Gerontology. Series A, Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 218-229. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glz023
- Hu, S, Wang, L, Togo, J, Yang, D, Xu, Y, Wu, Y, Douglas, A & Speakman, JR 2020, 'The carbohydrate-insulin model does not explain the impact of varying dietary macronutrients on the body weight and adiposity of mice', Molecular Metabolism, vol. 32, pp. 27-43. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molmet.2019.11.010
- Sun, D, Liu, F, Mitchell, SE, Ma, H, Derous, D, Wang, Y, Han, JJD, Daniel E.L., P, Lusseau, D, Douglas, A, Speakman, JR & Chen, L 2020, 'The effects of graded levels of calorie restriction XV: phase space attractors reveal distinct behavioral phenotypes', The Journals of Gerontology. Series A, Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glaa055
- Yosaee, S, Khodadost, M, Esteghamati, A, Speakman, JR, Djafarian, K, Bitarafan, V & Shidfar, F 2019, 'Adiponectin: An indicator for metabolic syndrome', Iranian Journal of Public Health, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1106-1115.
- Anderson, L, Close, GL, Morgans, R, Hambly, C, Speakman, JR, Drust, B & Morton, JP 2019, 'Brief Report: Assessment of Energy Expenditure of a Professional Goalkeeper From the English Premier League Using the Doubly Labeled Water Method', International journal of sports physiology and performance, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 681-684. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1123/ijspp.2018-0520
- Anderson, L, Close, GL, Konopinksi, M, Rydings, D, Milsom, J, Hambly, C, Speakman, JR, Drust, B & Morton, JP 2019, 'Case Study: Muscle Atrophy, Hypertrophy, and Energy Expenditure of a Premier League Soccer Player During Rehabilitation From Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury', International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 559-566. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2018-0391
- Hall, KD, Guo, J & Speakman, JR 2019, 'Do low-carbohydrate diets increase energy expenditure?', International Journal of Obesity, vol. 43, pp. 2350-2354. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41366-019-0456-3