My main research interests lie in understanding how bone shape and structure changes with exercise disease and disuse , particularly using biomedical image analysis techniques and the use of data analytics in measurement of physical activity.
More details can be found through the research pages on this web site.
SR2002 - The Science of Sports Performance - Course Coordinator
SR2501 - Exercise and health - Course Coordinator
BM4009 - Staying Alive - Adaptation in Physiological Systems - Joint Course Coordinator
AN3503 - Biological Imaging - Joint Course Coordinator
BP5505 - Medical Image Processing & Analysis
PU5537 - Clinical Nutrition
PU5539 - Assessment of Nutritional Status
SM1501 - The Cell
SM2501 - Research Skills for Medical Sciences (Theme Leader)
SR3508 - Clinical Exercise Physiology
SR4007 - Research Topics In Sports Science
Page 1 of 7 Results 1 to 10 of 61
- Ireland, A, Saunders, FR, Muthuri, SG, Pavlova, A, Hardy, R, Martin, K, Barr, R, Kuh, D, Aspden, RM, Gregory, J & Cooper, R 2019, 'Age at Onset of Walking in Infancy Is Associated With Hip Shape in Early Old Age', Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 455-463. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.3627
- Roberts, C, Bamford, J, Gillespie, A, Haughney, D, Morrice, J-L, Stewart, K, Poyner, E, Watson, K, Bryson, K & Gregory, J 2019, 'Embedding work placed learning within the Medical Science Curriculum through capstone projects: a pilot study', Physiology 2019, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8/07/19 - 10/07/19 pp. 333P-334P.
- Hernandez Cordero, AI, Gonzales, NM, Parker, CC, Sokoloff, G, Vandenbergh, DJ, Cheng, R, Abney, M, Skol, A, Douglas, A, Palmer, AA, Gregory, JS & Lionikas, A 2019, 'Genome-wide associations reveal human-mouse genetic convergence and modifiers of myogenesis, CPNE1 and STC2', American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 1222-1236. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajhg.2019.10.014
- Baird, DA, Evans, DS, Kamanu, FK, Gregory, JS, Saunders, FR, Giuraniuc, CV, Barr, RJ, Aspden, RM, Jenkins, D, Kiel, DP, Orwoll, ES, Cummings, SR, Lane, NE, Mullin, BH, Williams, FMK, Richards, JB, Wilson, SG, Spector, TD, Faber, BG, Lawlor, DA, Grundberg, E, Ohlsson, C, Pettersson-Kymmer, U, Capellini, TD, Richard, D, Beck, TJ, Evans, DM, Paternoster, L, Karasik, D & Tobias, JH 2019, 'Identification of Novel Loci Associated With Hip Shape: A Meta‐Analysis of Genomewide Association Studies', Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 241-251. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.3605
- Gregory, J & Scott, DA 2019, 'Image fraud and confidentiality as vehicles for learning about ethical issues in medical science teaching, a pilot study', Paper presented at Physiology 2019, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8/07/19 - 10/07/19.
- Gregory, JS, Barr, RJ, Yoshida, K, Alesci, S, Reid, DM & Aspden, RM 2019, 'Statistical Shape Modelling provides a responsive measure of morphological change in knee osteoarthritis over 12 months', Rheumatology.
- Frysz, M, Gregory, JS, Aspden, RM, Paternoster, L & Tobias, JH 2020, 'The effect of pubertal timing, as reflected by height tempo, on proximal femur shape: findings from a population-based study in adolescents', Bone, vol. 131, 115179. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2019.115179
- Frysz, M, Gregory, JS, Aspden, RM, Paternoster, L & Tobias, JH 2019, 'Using statistical shape modelling of DXA images to quantify the shape of the proximal femur at ages 14 and 18 years in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children [version 1; referees: 1 approved with reservations]', Wellcome open research, vol. 4, 24. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.12688/wellcomeopenres.15092.1
- Ireland, A, Saunders, F, Muthuri, S, Pavlova, A, Hardy, R, Martin, K, Barr, R, Adams, J, Kuh, D, Aspden, R, Gregory, J & Cooper, R 2018, 'AGE AT ONSET OF WALKING IN INFANCY IS ASSOCIATED WITH HIP AND SPINE SHAPE IN EARLY OLD AGE', Osteoporosis International, vol. 29, no. Suppl. 2, pp. 612-613. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-018-4738-8
- Muthuri, SG, Pavlova, A, Saunders, FR, Hardy, RJ, Gregory, JS, Barr, RJ, Martin, KR, Adams, JE, Kuh, D, Aspden, RM & Cooper, R 2018, 'Associations between back pain across adulthood and spine shape in early old age in a British birth cohort', Scientific Reports, vol. 8, 16309. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-34628-9