Dr Ines Biscaya Semedo Pereira da Graca
- Sept. 2019 - Present: Lecturer in Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen.
- Sept. 2014 - Aug. 2019: Post-doctoral research associate in Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London.
- April 2011 - July 2014: Post-doctoral researcher in Chemical Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico – University of Lisbon.
- Oct. 2007 - Dec. 2010: PhD in Chemical Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico – University of Lisbon and University of Poitiers.
- Sept. 2002 - Sept. 2007; MEng. in Chemical Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico – University of Lisbon.
Inês Graça has gained her expertise in the Catalysis and Reaction Engineering field. Her research interests are related to:
- Heterogeneous catalysis;
- Design and preparation of nanostructured catalysts (e.g. zeolite-based catalysts, mixed oxides, mesoporous silicas);
- Biomass valorisation into fuels and chemicals: bio-oils co-processing, vegetable oils esterification, lignin-derived compounds hydrodeoxygenation, glucose isomerisation and oxidation;
- Carbon dioxide catalytic conversion into fuels and fuel precursors (methane, methanol, dimethyl ether);
- Selective oxidation of hydrocarbons.
EG2011, EG20G2 - Process Engineering (contributor)
EG50T5/3C - Loss of Containment, MSc in Process Safety (contributor)
EG552Q - Catalyst and Reactor Design, MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering (coordinator, sole contributor)
EG504K/L - Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (contributor)
Non-course Teaching Responsibilities
Deputy Co-ordinator for the MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering and Process Safety
Individual Project Co-ordinator for the MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering and Process Safety
Deputy Co-ordinator for UG Level 4/5