- Web Links
Denisa Tomkova's research interests include topics like contemporary art, participation, community, biopolitics, national identity, and post-communism.
Biopolitical art as Participatory and Socially Engaged Art in Eastern Europe since 1989.
A research member of the international research project Comparing “WE’s”. Community, Cosmopolitanism and Emancipation in a Global Contex
- BASEES Research and Development Committee fund for the attendance at the Conference of Universities Art Associations of Canada in Montreal | Aug 2016
- The Principal’s Excellence Fund for conference travel expenses |April 2016
- The Unrestricted Travel Grant from the University of Aberdeen for a research trip |February 2016
- The Elphinstone Scholarship, for the full tuition fees for 3 years of the PhD studies | 2015
- The Foundation for the Development of Education scholarshipfor my MSc studies at the University of Edinburgh | 2013
A Teaching Assistant for the Autumn Semester 2016 for the class Introduction to Visual Culture at the Film and Visual Culture Department.
Giving a guest lecture in November 2016 at the course Performance Art at the Film an Visual Culture Department. The lecture - Genealogies of Socially-Engaged art in Central-Eastern Europe.