Alison graduated with honours in Medicine from the University of Aberdeen in 2011 where she also completed an intercalated BMedSci in 2009. On graduation she was awarded the Professor Emad El-Omar prize for outstanding academic development. Alison completed an Academic Foundation Programme in the North of Scotland during which time she obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Research Skills. She also set up the Aberdeen Student Society for Academic Medicine to encourage an interest in academia among medical undergraduates (http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/acat/assam.php).
Alison completed her postgraduate exams to achieve Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) in 2014 and completed Core Medical Training at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (ARI) in August 2015. During this time she developed a passion for Geriatric Medicine and remained at ARI to pursue combined specialist training (Geriatric Medicine and General Internal Medicine). With research interests in the role of nutrition in ageing, Alison took up post as SCREDS clinical lecturer in Geriatric Medicine in Spring 2016.
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 12
- Donaldson, AIC, Smith, TO, Alder, S, Johnstone, AM, de Roos, B, Aucott, LS, Gordon, AL & Myint, PK 2019, 'Effect of nonmeat, high-protein supplementation on quality of life and clinical outcomes in older residents of care homes: a systematic review and meta-analysis', Nutrition Reviews, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 116-127. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/nutrit/nuy061
- Donaldson, A, Johnstone, A & Myint, P 2019, 'Optimising Nutrition and Hydration in Care Homes: Getting It Right in Person Rather than in Policy', Geriatrics, vol. 4, no. 1, 1. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/geriatrics4010001
- Johnstone, AM, Donaldson, AIC, Scott, KP & Myint, PK 2019, 'The Ageing Gut-Brain Study: Exploring the role of the gut microbiota in dementia', Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 145-153. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/nbu.12378
- Donaldson, AIC, Neal, SR, McAlpine, CH, Quinn, T, Shenkin, SD, Ellis, G, Myint, PK & SCoOP Steering Group 2019, 'The variation in acute and community service provision of care of the elderly services across the Scotland: Findings from the Scottish Care of Older People (SCoOP) National Audit initial scoping survey', Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 105–111. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.4997/JRCPE.2019.204
- Donaldson, AIC, Soiza, RL, Hands, KJ, Witham, M & Myint, PK 2019, 'Variability in the clinical management of iron deficiency anaemia in older adults: results from a survey of UK specialists in the care of older people', Therapeutic Advances in Drug Safety, vol. 10, pp. 1-10. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2042098619854870
- Johnstone, AM, Donaldson, AIC & Ageing Gut Brain (Age-GB) Study Team 2018, 'Care Home Research: Future Challenges and Opportunities', Geriatrics, vol. 4, no. 1, 2. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/geriatrics4010002
- Donaldson, AIC, Johnstone, AM, de Roos, B & Myint, PK 2018, 'Role of protein in healthy ageing', European Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 23, pp. 32-36. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2018.09.002
- Soiza, RL, Donaldson, AIC & Myint, PK 2018, 'The pale evidence for treatment of iron-deficiency anaemia in older people', Therapeutic Advances in Drug Safety, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 259-261. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2042098618769568
- Donaldson, AIC, de Roos, B, Johnstone, AM & Myint, PK 2016, 'Is life longer with a box of chocolates?', Heart, vol. 102, no. 13, pp. 990-991. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2016-309468
- Parasuraman, SK, Teo, AIC, Millar, CGM & Noman, A 2015, 'Pneumonitis and pulmonary haemorrhage after acute myocardial infarction', Clinical Medicine, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 591-593. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.7861/clinmedicine.15-6-591