Chair in Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- All aspects of clastic sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy. A particular interest is the application of geomorphology to the rock record in continental environments.
- Evolution of the Central Andes: using stratigraphic, sedimentological and structural data to reconstruct the timing and cause of climate change and uplift in the Central Andes.
- Stratigraphic development of clastic sedimentary successions in Large Igneous Provinces.
- Application of all aspects of clastic sedimentology in the exploration for, and the exploitation of, hydrocarbon reservoirs.
Triassic JIP Phase 2 & 3. A joint indstry project funded by BP, JX Nippon, Total, CNOOC & Neptune Energy looking at the provenance, sedimentology and biostratigraphy of the Triaasic succession in the Central North Sea. The aim is to better predict reservoir distribution and quality in these improtant reservoir units.
Fluvial System Research Group. A Joint Industry Project currently funded by BG, Chevron, ConocoPhillips and Total. The project links with Albuquerque and Royal Holloway and aims to develop a predictive model of distributive fluvial systems (DFS) and associated environments based on remote sensing imagery and outcrop studies. Research is focussed on outcrop based studies in various parts of the world and involves building 3D models of different aspects of distributive fluvial systems, "ground-truthed" using datasets derived from remotely sensed imagery and modern day systems.
Gary Weissmann & Louis Scuderi, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
Amanda Owen, University of Glasgow
Anne Mather, University of Plymouth
Laura Evenstar, University of Brighton
Level 3 GL3525 Torridon/Gairloch Fieldtrip Course Coordinator
Level 4 GL4023 Mapping Project
Level 5 Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc sedimentology, Utah Fieldtrip, Pyrenees fieldtrip.
- Further Info
Director of Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc
Page 2 of 13 Results 11 to 20 of 127
- Hardman, J, Schofield, N, Jolley, D, Hartley, A, Holford, S & Watson, D 2019, 'Controls on the Distribution of Volcanism and Intra-Basaltic Sediments in the Cambo-Rosebank Region, West of Shetland', Petroleum Geoscience, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 71-89. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/petgeo2017-061
- Santos, MGM, Hartley, AJ, Mountney, NP, Peakall, J, Owen, A, Merino, ER & Assine, ML 2019, 'Meandering rivers in modern desert basins: implications for channel planform controls and prevegetation rivers', Sedimentary Geology, vol. 385, pp. 1-14. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sedgeo.2019.03.011
- Quirie, AK, Schofield, N, Hartley, A, Hole, MJ, Archer, SG, Underhill, JR, Watson, D & Holford, SP 2019, 'The Rattray Volcanics: Middle Jurassic fissure volcanism in the UK Central North Sea', Journal of the Geological Society , vol. 176, pp. 462-481. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/jgs2018-151
- Corbett, PWM, Owen, A, Hartley, A, Pla-Pueyo, S, Barreto, D, Hackney, C & Kape, S 2019, 'The geoengineering approach to the study of rivers and reservoirs', Geological Society Special Publications , vol. 488, pp. 1-13. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/SP488-2018-98
- Schofield, N, Jolley, D, Holford, S, Archer, S, Watson, D, Hartley, A, Howell, J, Muirhead, D, Underhill, J & Green, P 2018, Challenges of future exploration within the UK Rockall Basin. in M Bowman & B Levell (eds), Petroleum Geology of NW Europe: 50 Years of Learning : Proceedings of the 8th Petroleum Geology Conference. vol. 8, Petroleum Geology Conference series, vol. 8, Geological Society of London, Bath, pp. 211-229, 8th Petroleum Geology Conference, London, United Kingdom, 28/09/15. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/PGC8.37
- Hartley, A & Evenstar, L 2018, 'Fluvial architecture in actively deforming salt basins: Chinle Formation, Paradox Basin, Utah', Basin Research, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 148-166. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/bre.12247
- Hartley, AJ, Owen, A, Weissmann, GS & Scuderi, LA 2018, Modern and ancient amalgamated sandy meander‐belt deposits: recognition and controls on development. in M Ghinassi, L Colombera, NP Mountney , AJH Reesink & M Bateman (eds), Fluvial Meanders and Their Sedimentary Products in the Rock Record. Special Publication- International Association of Sedimentologists, International Association of Sedimentologists, pp. 349-384. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119424437.ch14
- Hardman, JPA, Schofield, N, Jolley, DW, Holford, SP, Hartley, AJ, Morse, S, Underhill, J, Watson, DA & Zimmer, EH 2018, 'Prolonged dynamic support from the Icelandic plume of the NE Atlantic margin', Journal of the Geological Society , vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 396-410. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/jgs2017-088
- Andrews, SD, Cornwell, DG, Trewin, NH, Hartley, AJ & Archer, SG 2018, 'Reply to the discussion on 'A 2.3 Million Year Lacustrine Record of Orbital Forcing from the Devonian of Northern Scotland', Journal of the Geological Society, London 173, 474-488', Journal of the Geological Society , vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 563. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/jgs2017-132
- Pinter, PR, Butler, RWH, Hartley, AJ, Maniscalco, R, Baldassini, N & Di Stefano, A 2018, 'Tracking sand-fairways through a deformed turbidite system: the Numidian (Miocene) of Central Sicily, Italy', Basin Research, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 480-501. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/bre.12261