Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 8 of 12 Results 71 to 80 of 112
- Mahamood, S, Reiter, EB & Mellish, CS 2008, Neonatal intensive care information for parents: An affective approach. in IOEAEE (ed.), 21st IEEE Symposium on Computer-based Medical Systems. IEEE Computer Society, pp. 461-463, 21st IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, Jyvaskyla, Finland, 17/06/08.
- Turner, R, Sripada, GS, Reiter, EB & Davy, IP 2008, Selecting the content of textual descriptions of geographically located events in spatio-temporal weather data. in R Ellis, T Allen & M Petridis (eds), Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems XV: Proceedings of AI-2007, the Twenty-seventh SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Springer-Verlag, Godalming.
- Williams, S & Reiter, EB 2008, SkillSum: basic skills screening with personalised, computer generated feedback . in Proc of ICL08 .
- Lin, J, Mellish, CS & Reiter, EB 2008, Style Variation in Cooking Recipes. in Proceedings of AISB08 Symposium on Style in Text.
- Hunter, J, Freer, Y, Gatt, A, Logie, R, McIntosh, N, van der Meulen, M, Portet, F, Reiter, EB, Sripada, GS & Sykes, C 2008, Summarising Complex ICU Data in Natural Language. in Proceedings of AMIA-2008. pp. 323-327.
- Portet, F, Gatt, A, Reiter, E, Hunter, J, Sripada, S, Sykes, C, Freer, Y, McIntosh, N, van der Meulen, M & Logie, R 2008, Summarising complex ICU data in natural language: demonstration of the BT-45 system. in AMIA Annual Symposium proceedings / AMIA Symposium. AMIA Symposium. vol. 2008, AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings / AMIA Symposium. AMIA Symposium, pp. 1225.
- Reiter, EB, Gatt, A, Portet, F & van der Meulen, M 2008, The Importance of Narrative and Other Lessons from an Evaluation of an NLG System that Summarises Clinical Data. in Proceedings of INLG-2008.
- Reiter, EB & Williams, S 2008, Three Approaches to Generating Texts in Different Styles. in Proceedings of AISB08 Symposium on Style in Text.
- Hunter, J, Gatt, A, Portet, F, Reiter, EB & Sripada, GS 2008, Using Natural Language Generation Technology to Improve Information Flows in Intensive Care Units. in M Ghallab, CD Spyropoulos, N Fakotakis & N Avouris (eds), ECAI 2008: Proceedings of the 18th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence. vol. 178, IOS Press, Amsterdam, Netherlands, pp. 678-682, 18th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2008) , Patras, Greece, 21/07/08.
- Turner, R, Sripada, GS, Reiter, EB & Davy, I 2008, Using Spatial Reference Frames to Generate Grounded Textual Summaries of Georeferenced Data. in Proceedings of INLG08. INLG 08: 5th International Natural Language Generation Conference, Ohio, United States, 12/06/08.