Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 5 of 11 Results 41 to 50 of 110
- Mahamood, S & Reiter, EB 2011, Generating Affective Natural Language for Parents of Neonatal Infants. in Proceedings of ENLG-2011. Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 12-21.
- Black, R, Reddington, J, Reiter, EB, waller, A & Tintarev, N 2011, Hands Busy, Eyes Busy: Generating Stories from Sensor Data for Automotive applications. in Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces for Automotive Applications in conjunction with Intelligent User Interfaces.
- Mitchell, MA, van Deemter, K & Reiter, EB 2011, On the Use of Size Modifiers When Referring to Visible Objects. in Proceedings of Cogsci 2011 . CogSci 2011 , Boston, MA, United States, 20/07/11.
- Reiter, EB 2011, Task-Based Evaluation of NLG Systems: Control vs Real-World Context. in Proceedings of UCNLG+Eval 2011. Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 28-32, UCNLG+Eval: Language Generation and Evaluation Workshop, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 21/07/11.
- Mitchell, MA, van Deemter, K & Reiter, EB 2011, Two Approaches for Generating Size Modifiers. in Proceedings of ENLG-2011. Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 63-70.
- Nguyen, H, Mellish, CS, Mort, AJ, Kindness, PA, Knight, J & Reiter, EB 2011, 'Using NLG to Manage Information in Medical Emergencies', Digital Engagement, Newcastle, United Kingdom, 15/11/11 - 17/11/11.
- Sambaraju, R, Reiter, EB, Logie, R, Andy, M, McVittie, C, Gatt, A & Sykes, C 2011, What is in a text and what does it do: Qualitative Evaluations of an NLG system - the BT-Nurse - using content analysis and discourse analysis. in Proceedings of ENLG-2011. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Dempster, M, Alm, N & Reiter, EB 2010, 'Automatic generation of conversational utterances and narrative for Augmentative and Alternative Communication: a prototype system', Paper presented at NAACLL HLT 2010 Workshop on Speech and Language Processing for Assistive Technologies, Los Angeles, United States, 1/06/10 pp. 10-18.
- McKinlay, A, McVittie, C, Reiter, EB, Freer, Y, Sykes, C & Logie, R 2010, 'Design Issues for Socially Intelligent User Interfaces A Discourse Analysis of a Data-to-text System for Summarizing Clinical Data', Methods of Information in Medicine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 379-387. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3414/ME0613
- Turner, RJ, Sripada, GS & Reiter, EB 2010, Generating approximate geographic descriptions. in E Krahmer & M Theune (eds), Empirical Methods in Natural Language Generation: Data-oriented Methods and Empirical Evaluation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5790, Springer , pp. 121-140. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-15573-4_7