Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 4 of 11 Results 31 to 40 of 110
- Schneider, A, Vaudry, P-L, Mort, AJ, Mellish, CS, Reiter, E & Wilson, P 2013, MIME- NLG Support for Complex and Unstable Pre-hospital Emergencies. in ENLG 2013 14th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation: Proceedings of the Workshop. Association for Computational Linguistics, Stroudsburg, PA, pp. 198-199, 14th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation (ENLG'13), Sofia, Bulgaria, 8/08/13.
- Mitchell, MA, Reiter, EB & van Deemter, K 2013, Typicality and Object Reference. in M Knauff, M Pauen, N Sebanz & I Wachsmuth (eds), Cooperative Minds: Social Interaction and Group Dynamics: Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society. Cognitive Science Society, Austin, TX, pp. 3062-3067, 35th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, Berlin, Germany, 31/07/13.
- Mort, AJ, Wilson, PMJ, Mellish, CS, Reiter, EB & Schneider, AH 2013, 'Use of technology in collection and communication of pre-hospital data by rural First Responders', Scottish School of Primary Care, Inverness, United Kingdom, 25/04/13 - 26/04/13.
- Hunter, J, Freer, Y, Gatt, A, Reiter, E, Sripada, S & Sykes, C 2012, 'Automatic generation of natural language nursing shift summaries in neonatal intensive care: BT-Nurse', Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 157-172. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artmed.2012.09.002
- Black, R, Waller, A, Turner, RJ & Reiter, EB 2012, 'Supporting Personal Narrative for Children with Complex Communication Needs', ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, vol. 19, no. 2, 15. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/2240156.2240163
- Mahamood, S & Reiter, EB 2012, Working with Clinicians to Improve a Patient-Information NLG System. in Proceedings of INLG 2012. Association for Computational Linguistics, Stroudsburg, PA, NLG 2012, 7th International Natural Language Generation Conference, Utica, IL, United States, 30/05/12.
- Black, R, Waller, A, Tintarev, N, Reiter, EB & Reddington, J 2011, A Mobile Phone Based Personal Narrative System. in Proceeding ASSETS '11 The proceedings of the 13th international ACM SIGACCESS conference on Computers and accessibility . ACM Press, New York, pp. 171-178. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/2049536.2049568
- Mitchell, MA, van Deemter, K & Reiter, EB 2011, Applying Machine Learning to the Choice of Size Modifiers. in Cogsci 2011. Bridging the Gap between Computational, Empirical and Theoretical Approaches to Reference , Boston, MA, United States, 20/07/11.
- Hunter, J, Freer, Y, Gatt, A, Reiter, E, Sripada, S, Sykes, C & Westwater, D 2011, 'BT-Nurse: computer generation of natural language shift summaries from complex heterogeneous medical data', Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 621-624. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000193
- Reiter, E & Belz, A 2011, GENEVAL: A proposal for shared-task evaluation in NLG. in COLING/ACL 2006: INLG-06 - 4th International Natural Language Generation Conference, Proceedings of the Conference. pp. 136-138, 4th International Natural Language Generation Conference, INLG-06, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 15/07/06.