Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 3 of 12 Results 21 to 30 of 112
- Wilson, PMJ, Mort, A, Roberts, A, Fitzpatrick, D, Williams, C, Mellish, CS, Schneider, AH & Reiter, EB 2016, 'MIME: pre-hospital technology for managing information in medical emergencies', Rural and Remote Health, vol. 16, 4089. <> [Online] DOI: http://www.rrh.org.au/articles/subviewnew.asp?ArticleID=4089
- Ramos-Soto, A, Tintarev, N, De Oliveira, R, Reiter, E & van Deemter, K 2016, Natural Language Generation and Fuzzy Sets: An Exploratory Study on Geographical Referring Expression Generation. in Proceedings of the IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, 2016 : IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems FUZZ-IEEE 2016., 7737740, IEEE Press, pp. 587-594, IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Vancouver, Canada, 24/07/16. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ-IEEE.2016.7737740
- Tintarev, N, Reiter, E, Black, R, Waller, A & Reddington, J 2016, 'Personal Storytelling: Using Natural Language Generation for Children with Complex Communication Needs, in the Wild... ', International Journal of Human Computer Studies, vol. 92-93, pp. 1-16. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2016.04.005
- Braun, D, Reiter, E & Siddharthan, A 2015, Creating Textual Driver Feedback from Telemetric Data. in Proceedings of the European Natural Language Generation 2015 workshop (ENLG 2015) . ACL Anthology, 15th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation, Brighton, United Kingdom, 10/09/15. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.18653/v1/W15-4726
- De Oliveira, R, Sripada, GS & Reiter, E 2015, Designing an Algorithm for Generating Named Spatial References. in Proceedings of the European Natural Language Generation 2015 workshop (ENLG 2015) . ACL Anthology, pp. 127-135, 15th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation, Brighton, United Kingdom, 10/09/15. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.18653/v1/W15-4723
- Schneider, AH, Mort, A, Kindness, P, Mellish, C, Reiter, E & Wilson, P 2015, 'Using Technology to Enhance Rural Resilience in Pre-hospital Emergencies', Scottish Geographical Journal, vol. 131, no. 3-4, pp. 194-200. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14702541.2014.978810
- Tintarev, N, Reiter, E, Black, R & Waller, A 2014, Natural language generation for augmentative and assistive technologies. in A Stent & S Bangalore (eds), Natural Language Generation in Interactive Systems. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp. 252-277. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511844492.011
- Moncur, W, Masthoff, J, Reiter, E, Freer, Y & Nguyen, H 2014, 'Providing adaptive health updates across the personal social network', Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 256-309. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/07370024.2013.819218
- Schneider, AH, Sharma, N, Mort, AJ, Mellish, CS, Reiter, EB & Wilson, P 2013, 'Designing a Mobile Device for Pre-hospital Care', Paper presented at 7th Annual Irish HCI Conference 2013 (iHCI'13), Dundalk, Ireland, 12/06/13 - 13/06/13.
- Mitchell, M, Van Deemter, K & Reiter, E 2013, Generating Expressions that Refer to Visible Objects. in L Vanderwende, H Daumé III & K Kirchhoff (eds), Proceedings of the 2013 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies., N13-1137, Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pp. 1174-1184, 2013 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, NAACL HLT 2013, Atlanta, United States, 9/06/13. <> [Online] DOI: http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/N13-1137