Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 2 of 12 Results 11 to 20 of 112
- Van Deemter, K & Reiter, E 2018, Lying and computational linguistics. in J Meibauer (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Lying. Oxford University Press.
- Ramos-Soto, A, Reiter, EB, Van Deemter, KJ, Alonso, J & Gatt, A 2018, Meteorologists and Students: A resource for language grounding of geographical descriptors. in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Netherlands, pp. 421-425, The 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation , Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18. <> [Online] DOI: https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W18-6551/
- Ramos-Soto, A, Alonso, JM, Reiter, E, van Deemter, K & Gatt, A 2018, Modelado borroso de referencias geograficas textuales sobre datos de expertos. in Proceedings of XIX Spanish Congress on Fuzzy Logic and Technologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, CAEPIA, XIX Spanish Congress on Fuzzy Logic and Technologies, Granada, Spain, 23/10/18.
- Braun, D, Reiter, E & Siddharthan, A 2018, 'SaferDrive: An NLG-based behaviour change support system for drivers', Natural Language Engineering, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 551-588. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1351324918000050
- Reiter, EB 2017, A Commercial Perspective on Reference. in Proceedings of The 10th International Natural Language Generation conference. ACL, pp. 134-138, 10th International Natural Language Generation conference, Spain, 4/09/17. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.18653/v1/W17-3519
- Ramos Soto, A, Alonso, J, Reiter, EB, van Deemter, K & Gatt, A 2017, An Empirical Approach for Modeling Fuzzy Geographical Descriptors. in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE). IEEE Explore, pp. 1-6, IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), 2017, Naples, Italy, 9/07/17. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ-IEEE.2017.8015527
- Alonso, J, Ramos Soto, A, Reiter, EB & van Deemter, K 2017, An Exploratory Study on the Benefits of using Natural Language for Explaining Fuzzy Rule-based Systems. in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE). IEEE Explore, pp. 1-6, IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), 2017, Naples, Italy, 9/07/17. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ-IEEE.2017.8015489
- Alonso, JM, Bugarin, A & Reiter, E 2017, 'Natural Language Generation with Computational Intelligence', IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 8-9. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/MCI.2017.2708919
- Inglis, S, Reiter, EB & Sripada, S 2017, 'Textually Summarising Incomplete Data'.
- Gomes De Oliveira, R, Sripada, S & Reiter, EB 2016, Absolute and Relative Properties in Geographic Referring Expressions. in Proceedings of the 9th International Natural Language Generation conferencee. ACL, pp. 256-264, The 9th International Natural Language Generation conference, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 5/09/16. <> [Online] DOI: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab/INLG2016/proceedings/index.html