Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 10 of 12 Results 91 to 100 of 112
- Roy, D & Reiter, E 2005, 'Connecting language to the world', Artificial Intelligence, vol. 167, pp. 112. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artint.2005.06.002
- Sripada, SG, Reiter, E & Hawizy, L 2005, 'Evaluating an NLG system using post-editing', IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1700-1701.
- Reiter, E & Sripada, S 2004, Contextual influences on near-synonym choice. in The Third International Conference on Natural Language Generation (INLG). Springer .
- Sripada, GS, Reiter, EB, Davy, I & Nilssen, K 2004, Lessons from deploying NLG technology for marine weather forecast text generation. in RL de Mántaras & L Saitta (eds), ECAI 2004: Proceedings of the 16th Eureopean Conference on Artificial Intelligence. vol. 110, Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, vol. 110, IOS Press, Amsterdam, Netherlands, pp. 760-764, 16th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2004) including Prestigious Applicants of Intelligent Systems (PAIS 2004), Valencia, Spain, 22/08/04.
- Reiter, EB, Sripada, GS & Robertson, R 2003, 'Acquiring Correct Knowledge for Natural Language Generation', Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, vol. 18, pp. 491-516.
- Porteous, TH, Bond, CM, Robertson, R, Hannaford, PC & Reiter, EB 2003, 'Electronic transfer of prescription-related information: comparing views of patients, general practitioners, and pharmacists', The British Journal of General Practice, vol. 53, no. 488, pp. 204-209.
- Sripada, GS, Reiter, EB, Hunter, JRW & Yu, J 2003, Generating English Summaries of Time Series Data Using the Gricean Maxims. in Proceedings of the Ninth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-2003). ACM Press, pp. 187-196. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/956750.956774
- Reiter, EB, Robertson, R & Osman, LM 2003, 'Lessons from a failure: Generating tailored smoking cessation letters.', Artificial Intelligence, vol. 144, no. (1-2), pp. 41-58. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-3702(02)00370-3
- Yu, J, Hunter, J, Reiter, EB & Sripada, S 2003, Recognising visual patterns to communicate gas turbine time-series data. in AL Macintosh, R Ellis & F Coenen (eds), Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems X: Proceedings of ES2002, the Twenty-Second SGAI International Conference on Knowledge Based Systems and Applied Artificial Intelligence. BCS Conference Series, Springer , London, UK, pp. 105-118.
- Sripada, SG, Reiter, EB, Hunter, J & Yu, J 2003, Segmenting time series for weather forecasting. in A Macintosh, R Ellis & F Coenen (eds), Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems X. Springer , pp. 193-206, Twenty-second SGAI International Conference on Knowledge Based Systems and Applied Artificial Intelligence, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1/12/02.