Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with several funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- RGU (Nirmalie Wiratunga) - AI for health behaviour change
- Philhumans (EU) (2019-2023) - Using AI to support personal health apps.
- NL4XAI (EU) (2019-2023) - Explaining AI reasoning in natural language
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5061: Engineering of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 1 of 11 Results 1 to 10 of 106
- Pauws, S, Gatt, A, Krahmer, E & Reiter, E 2019, Making Effective Use of Healthcare Data Using Data-to-Text Technology. in S Consoli, DR Recupero & M Petkovic (eds), Data Science for Healthcare: Methodologies and Applications., 4, Springer , pp. 119-145. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05249-2_4
- Van Deemter, K & Reiter, E 2018, Lying and computational linguistics. in J Meibauer (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Lying. Oxford University Press.
- Kuptavanich, K, Reiter, E, Van Deemter, K & Siddharthan, A 2018, Generating Summaries of Sets of Consumer Products: Learning from Experiments. in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation ., W18-6548 , ACL Anthology, pp. 403-407, 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation (INLG 2018) , Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18.
- Reiter, E 2018, 'A Structured Review of the Validity of BLEU' Computational Linguistics, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 393-401. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/COLI_a_00322
- Ramos-Soto, A, Alonso, JM, Reiter, E, van Deemter, K & Gatt, A 2018, Modelado borroso de referencias geograficas textuales sobre datos de expertos. in Proceedings of XIX Spanish Congress on Fuzzy Logic and Technologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, CAEPIA, XIX Spanish Congress on Fuzzy Logic and Technologies, Granada, Spain, 23/10/18.
- Braun, D, Reiter, E & Siddharthan, A 2018, 'SaferDrive: An NLG-based behaviour change support system for drivers' Natural Language Engineering, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 551-588. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1351324918000050
- Inglis, S, Reiter, E & Sripada, S 2018, 'Data quality in reasoning' CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 2151.
- Thomson, C, Reiter, E & Sripada, S 2018, Comprehension Driven Document Planning in Natural Language Generation Systems. in E Krahmer, A Gatt & M Goudbeek (eds), Proceedings of The 11th International Natural Language Generation Conference. vol. W18-65, Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pp. 371-380, The 11th International Natural Language Generation Conference, Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18.
- Alonso, J, Ramos Soto, A, Reiter, EB & van Deemter, K 2017, An Exploratory Study on the Benefits of using Natural Language for Explaining Fuzzy Rule-based Systems. in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE). IEEE Explore, pp. 1-6, IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), 2017, Naples, Italy, 9/07/17. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ-IEEE.2017.8015489
- Alonso, JM, Bugarin, A & Reiter, E 2017, 'Natural Language Generation with Computational Intelligence' IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 8-9. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/MCI.2017.2708919