Chair in Computing Science.
I split my time between Aberdeen University and Arria NLG.
- Natural language generation
Current Research Students
- Jawwad Baig
- Simone Balloccu
- Stephanie Inglis
- Kittipitch Kuptavanich
- Craig Thomson
- Allmin Pradhap Singh Susaiyah (Eindhoven) (part of PhilHumans)
Past Research Students
See my blog for a list of past research students I have supervised.
The CLAN (Computational Linguistics at Aberdeen) resesarch group meets at 4PM every Wednesday. Every week we discuss a research paper, idea, proposal, etc. CLAN meetings are open to everyone, contact me for more information or to be put on the mailing list.
I am helping with some funded projects at other universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (Spain) (Jose Alonso, Alberto Bugarin, and Alejandro Ramos Soto) - a number of projects which bring together soft computing and NLG, such as BIGBISC.
- Monash (Australia) (Ingrid Zukerman) - Explaining the output of complex models
- CS4040: Research Methods
- CS5063: Evaluation of AI Systems (MSc)
- CS551H: Natural Language Generation (MSc)
- Further Info
- Research ethics
Page 1 of 11 Results 1 to 10 of 110
- García-Méndez, S, Fernández-Gavilanes, M, Costa-Montenegro, E, Juncal-Martínez, J, González-Castaño, FJ & Reiter, E 2019, 'A System for Automatic English Text Expansion', IEEE Access, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 123320-123333. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2937505
- Ramos, A, Alonso, JM, Reiter, E, Van Deemter, K & Gatt, A 2019, 'Fuzzy-Based Language Grounding of Geographical References: From Writers to Readers', International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 970 - 983. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.d.190826.002
- Pauws, S, Gatt, A, Krahmer, E & Reiter, E 2019, Making Effective Use of Healthcare Data Using Data-to-Text Technology. in S Consoli, DR Recupero & M Petkovic (eds), Data Science for Healthcare: Methodologies and Applications., 4, Springer , pp. 119-145. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05249-2_4
- Reiter, EB 2019, 'Natural Language Generation Challenges for Explainable AI', Paper presented at 1st Workshop on Interactive Natural Language Technology for Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Tokyo, Japan, 29/10/19 - 1/11/19.
- Reiter, E 2018, 'A Structured Review of the Validity of BLEU', Computational Linguistics, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 393-401. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/COLI_a_00322
- Thomson, C, Reiter, E & Sripada, S 2018, Comprehension Driven Document Planning in Natural Language Generation Systems. in E Krahmer, A Gatt & M Goudbeek (eds), Proceedings of The 11th International Natural Language Generation Conference. vol. W18-65, Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pp. 371-380, The 11th International Natural Language Generation Conference, Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18.
- Inglis, S, Reiter, E & Sripada, S 2018, 'Data quality in reasoning', CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 2151.
- Kuptavanich, K, Reiter, E, Van Deemter, K & Siddharthan, A 2018, Generating Summaries of Sets of Consumer Products: Learning from Experiments. in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation ., W18-6548 , ACL Anthology, pp. 403-407, 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation (INLG 2018) , Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18.
- Van Deemter, K & Reiter, E 2018, Lying and computational linguistics. in J Meibauer (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Lying. Oxford University Press.
- Ramos-Soto, A, Reiter, EB, Van Deemter, KJ, Alonso, J & Gatt, A 2018, Meteorologists and Students: A resource for language grounding of geographical descriptors. in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Netherlands, pp. 421-425, The 11th International Conference on Natural Language Generation , Tilburg, Netherlands, 5/11/18.