Facilities / Instrumentation
- The instrumentation on campus in TESLA includes several inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometers (ICP-MS and ICP-MS/MS) from Agilent for elemental analysis, an Orbitrap-LTQ electrospray mass spectrometer and a Maxis II qTOF electrospray mass spectrometer for molecular analysis.
- Additionally a number of specialised mercury analysers are available.
- Continuum source molecular absorption spectrometer mainly for fluorine detection
- Most of these ICP-MS are coupled with separation methods like gas chromatography, liquid chromatography or field flow fractionation
- The ICP-MS are also coupled to laser ablation systems for bio and geoimaging.