Kwangrae Kim, a PhD candidate in composition, has performed his audio-visual work, S Quartet, at New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival 2017.
Kwangrae Kim, a composer-multimedia artist and PhD candidate in composition at the University of Aberdeen (lead supervisor: Dr Suk-Jun Kim), has performed S Quartet, a live audio-visual performance piece at NYCEMF 2017. Rather than using melodies, bowing or dynamics as its performance, the piece makes use of digitally deconstructed sounds from string instruments that are played at slightly out of sync, thus creating diverse melodic and rhythmic patterns and timbres.
NYCEMF is dedicated to bringing the finest electroacoustic music from all over the world to New York City. It is designed to expose audiences to current trends in electroacoustic music, to support the innovative nature of the field and to celebrate its music.
Most of compositions performed at the festival are based on using technological advances in music such as production of synthetic instrumentals and vocal sounds, incorporating them into their work.Also, the festival included presentations of surround-sound music up to sixteen channels, video and multimedia works, and audio and video installations.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2016
- Feb There are no items for February 2016
- Mar There are no items for March 2016
- Apr There are no items for April 2016
- May There are no items for May 2016
- Jun There are no items for June 2016
- Jul There are no items for July 2016
- Aug There are no items for August 2016
- Oct There are no items for October 2016