Sonic Arts PhD student Kim Walker's recent solo exhibition profiled by A-N.
A-N profiled Walker’s work as an exhibition highlight of the week, promoting the show via website and twitter feeds.
Not Everything That Can Be Thought Can Be Said (2017), a stereo sound installation by Kim Walker (supervisor: Dr Suk-Jun Kim), multimedia artist and sonic arts PhD candidate at the University of Aberdeen which premiered at Patriothall Gallery in Edinburgh, was picked up by A-N for its exhibition highlight of the week.
The work playfully explores language and how the spoken word can carry meanings that are articulated through the subtleties of intonation, intakes of breath, silences and small vocal gestures. The piece is part of Walker’s PhD research thesis, focusing on exploring how intimacy and humour is expressed and activated within sound art.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2016
- Feb There are no items for February 2016
- Mar There are no items for March 2016
- Apr There are no items for April 2016
- May There are no items for May 2016
- Jun There are no items for June 2016
- Jul There are no items for July 2016
- Aug There are no items for August 2016
- Oct There are no items for October 2016