How you can help
How can you champion open research at Aberdeen?
- Deposit all of your recently accepted research publications in Pure/AURA. When you have a paper accepted for publication email email@example.com with a copy of the confirmation of acceptance and a copy of the accepted manuscript. Library staff will upload your paper to Pure in compliance with the publisher self-archiving, funder and REF policies. You may also add publications to Pure yourself – please see the toolkit for guidance.
- Join the University of Aberdeen Open Research Working Group affiliated with the UK Reproducibility Network (UKRN)
- Discuss open research with your colleagues and consider teaching it to your students.
- Consider pre-registering your research e.g. on the Open Science Framework or using registered reports.
- Consider open peer-review.
- Use a preprint repository – use Sherpa Romeo to check the preprint policy of the journal you intend to submit your article to.
- Archive web resources in a way that ensures they will be available long term.
- Release your code or software under an open access licence.
- Make your data open access in a suitable repository for your subject area wherever possible. Use the repository finder and follow the FAIR data principles.
- Deposit in Pure/AURA is not restricted to articles. If you have a book or chapter accepted for publication contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check whether the publisher offers a green open access route. You may be permitted to make a portion of the monograph available in the institutional repository.