All University of Aberdeen Library buildings are closed. This includes the Special Collections Centre and all Museums.
We would like to reassure all students and academic staff that a digital library service will continue to be available while our physical libraries are closed and we will continue to support study, teaching and research.
- Any borrowed items will automatically be renewed until further notice. Loans will not become overdue and no fines will accrue
- The option to request items that are currently on loan has been removed from Primo
- Book order requests – we strongly recommend choosing items in electronic format to maximise availability for students who are now working at a distance
- Academic staff and PGRs: if you have an urgent Inter Library Loan request please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of the article or book chapter and we will endeavour to source a digital version from partners.
Our Latest information page is regularly updated. Library staff will be monitoring email accounts and will be available to answer any general enquiries during office hours. Please get in touch, and we will do our best to help – contact details below.
- The Sir Duncan Rice Library: email@example.com
- Taylor Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Library: email@example.com
- Special Collections Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
For subject-related and search enquiries please contact the Information Consultant for your discipline:
Our Latest information page contains important updates on the Library service, a list of publishers who have made their collections freely available and an FAQs section: