The Library is here to help all postgraduate researchers as they begin, or continue, their in-depth research with a series of Information Skills Workshops designed to their needs. With so much academic literature available through the University of Aberdeen, these workshops will give you the confidence and skills to locate and manage the materials you need.
These workshops will begin at the end of October 2017 and run over the next three weeks. Read on for further information on the workshops. To book workshops visit www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking and look for Library Information Skills classes.
There are three workshops on offer, each lasting two hours:
- Literature searching – Part 1: Getting started
- Literature searching – Part 2: Using databases
- Literature searching – Part 3: Managing your references using RefWorks*
Across the three workshops we will look at:
- Planning your search
- Looking for books: using Primo and E-books
- Databases of academic literature
- Getting the best out of Google
- Managing your references with RefWorks
- Formatting Word documents with in-text citations and bibliographies
To find out more, and to book onto the different workshops please visit www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking and look for Library Information Skills classes. We look forward to seeing you at the workshops.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The workshop focusing on the management of references (Part 3) is not suitable for research postgraduates in the School of Law, as the software used does not support the OSCOLA referencing style required for legal theses.