We are now accepting applications for Elphinstone PhD Scholarships in the School of Law. The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 31 March 2017.
The Elphinstone scholarships cover tuition fees for the entire duration of a three-year research degree programme. These awards will be aimed at high-achieving PhD students of any nationality commencing full-time study in September 2017.
The projects that we have to offer are listed below -
- Political constitutionalism and weak constitutional review: Studying how constitutional review actually operates in the United Kingdom, to evaluate the changes and possible reforms to the mechanism
- Questioning the role of EU private international law in the development of the EU policy of developing the private enforcement of European Competition Law
- Securitisation after the Great Financial Crisis: A Comparative analysis of the law in UK, France and Germany
- The Law of Trusts in Nineteenth-Century Scotland: An Historical Approach
- The Right to Self-Defence in International Law and Non-State Actors
- Trade Mark Dilution: a riddle or a reality?
You are also required to submit a research proposal for the topic that you are interested in. More information about how to write a research proposal can be found here.
Please register an account on the Postgraduate Applicant Portal and complete an online application form.
You can return to the Postgraduate Applicant Portal at any time, during or post submission, to upload additional supporting documentation or check the status of your application.
Please also remember to upload a research proposal.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good Luck!