Corporate and Commercial Law
This group comprises Mr Derek Auchie, Mr Malcolm Combe, Dr Greg Gordon, Dr Alisdair MacPherson, Ms Donna McKenzie Skene, Professor Roy Partain, Professor John Paterson and Professor Tina Soliman Hunter.
Their research interests extend across corporate and commercial law, including:
- Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation, Adjudication and Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law
- Commercial Property
- Company Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Liability
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Financial Law and Secured Transactions
- Taxation: All forms Corporate and Commercial
The Corporate and Commercial Law group are eager to support innovative PhD research projects in any of these areas. Please be comfortable to contact any member of the Group if you are considering the start of your adventure towards a career in research.
This group’s research is linked closely with its delivery of four research-led postgraduate programs:
- LLM in Business Law and Sustainable Development
- LLM in International Commercial Law with Dissertation
- LLM in International Commercial Law with Professional Skills
- LLM in Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Commercial Law courses also form part of other LLM degrees offered by the School. We also participate in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues in the Business School.