Dean of Post Graduate Taught Studies
Christopher Kee is the Dean of Post Graduate Taught Studies (Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences & Business) for the University and is a Professor within the Law School. He has previously held posts as the Dean of Chinese Affairs and the Head of the Graduate School for the College of Arts and Social Sciences.
Prior to joining Aberdeen in the middle of 2011, he was a co-author and senior researcher on the Global Sales Law Project at the University of Basel, Switzerland. He has held an appointment as an Honorary Fellow of Deakin Law School, Australia, and has been an Adjunct Professor at the City University of Hong Kong. He is a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Courts of Victoria and New South Wales and specialises in international arbitration and international commercial law. His doctoral thesis involved a comparative analysis of validity in contract.
Christopher has published widely, particularly in the field of arbitration. As a representative of APRAG (Asia Pacific Regional Arbitration Group) Christopher participated in the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules revision process from 2007 to their completion in 2010. He has served on the ACICA (Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration ) Rules Drafting committee, and is a past Co-Chair of AFIA (Australasian Forum for International Arbitration).
Since 2013 Christopher has been a Co-Director of the highly prestigious Willem C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
Christopher Kee has a basic understanding of German and French.
- International Arbitration (Commercial and Investment)
- International Sales and Contract Law
- International Commercial Law (broadly defined)
- Teaching of Law
- LS5082 International Economic Law (WTO) - Course Coordinator
- LS5083 International Commercial Arbitration – Course Coordinator
- LS5085 International Commercial Arbitration in the Asia Pacific – Course Coordinator
- LS1023 International Public Law – part of lecturing team
- LS1523 Alternative Methods of Dispute Resolution – Course Coordinator
- LS4011 Law of Sales Honours – Joint Course Coordinator
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 11
Contributions to Journals
- Kee, C. & Munoz, E. (2009). 'In defence of the CISG'. Deakin Law Review, vol 14, no. 1, pp. 99-123.
- Kee, CD. (2008). 'International Arbitration and Security for Costs: A Brief Report on Two Developments'. The American Review of International Arbitration, vol 17, no. 2, pp. 273-280.
Chapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings
- Kee, CD. (2015). Article 3, Publication of Documents. in D Euler, M Ghering & M Scherer (eds), Transparency in International Investment Arbitration: A Guide to the UNCITRAL Rules on Transparency in Treaty-Based Investor-State Arbitration. Cambridge University Press, pp. 91-127.
[Online] DOI: 10.1017/CBO9781139939577.007
- Kee, CD. (2013). International Commercial Arbitration and Poverty: Not obvious but maybe…. in K Nadakavukaren-Schefer (ed.), Poverty and the International Economic Law System. Cambridge University Press, United Kingdom, pp. 144-158.
- Kee, CD. (2011). The Evolving Role of Appointing Authorities. in S Kroll, LA Mistelis, PP Viscasillas & V Rogers (eds), International Arbitration and International Commercial Law: Synergy, Convergence and Evolution - A Liber Amicorum in honour of Eric Bergsten. Kluwer Law International, pp. 301-316.
- Schwenzer, I. & Kee, CD. (2011). Global Sales Law: Theory and Practice. in I Schwenzer & L Spagnolo (eds), Towards Uniformity: The 2nd Annual MAA Peter Schlechtriem CISG Conference. Eleven International Publishing, Utrecht, pp. 155-163.
- Kee, C. (2009). Judicial Approaches to Arbitrators Independence and Impartiality in International Commercial Arbitration. in C Knahr, C Koller, W Rechberger & A Reinisch (eds), Investment and Commercial Arbitration: Similarities and Divergences. Eleven International Publishing, pp. 181-197.
- Kee, CD. & Opie, E. (2008). The Principle of Remediation. in CB Andersen & UG Schroeter (eds), Sharing International Commercial Law across National Boundaries: Festschrift for Albert H Kritzer. Wildy, Simmonds and Hill, pp. 232-246.
Books and Reports
- Croft, C., Kee, CD. & Waincymer, J. (2013). A Guide to the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Schwenzer, I., Hachem, P. & Kee, CD. (2012). Global Sales and Contract Law. Oxford University Press, Oxford.