This is a past event
The fourth Scottish University Law Clinic Network conference takes place at the University of Aberdeen on 3 June 2015. The SULCN theme for this year is “Pushing the Boundaries”, encouraging law clinics and other pro bono organisations to consider moving away from traditional models of client representation in a variety of innovative ways, including mediation, strategic litigation and innocence projects. Contributors include:
- Lindsey Reynolds (Senior Solicitor, Equality and Human Rights Commission);
- Julie Price (Head of the Pro Bono Unit, Cardiff University);
- Steven Budlender and Gilbert Marcus (via Skype, from South Africa), authors of ‘A Strategic Evaluation of Public Interest Litigation in South Africa’;
- Representatives from the Aberdeen-based Mediation Partnership;
- Representatives of the law clinics at Strathclyde and Aberdeen.
The event has been kindly supported by the Law Society of Scotland, who will also be providing a session on “Street Law” public legal education.
Registration opens at 10.30, with proceedings beginning at 11.00. Students and unwaged delegates can attend for free. Other delegates are invited to pay a fee of £30. Please email email@example.com to register your interest in attending.
The programme can be downloaded from here.