- What courses do you offer?
- Can you provide training for other software packages, other than those listed?
- How often do you run courses?
- How much do courses cost?
- How do I book on a course?
- When will I hear if I have a place on a course?
- What happens when a course is cancelled, or fully subscribed ?
- What should I do if I can no longer attend a course?
- Where are your training courses held?
- Will I get a course workbook?
- How do I contact the TaD Team?
Courses offered on a regular basis include:
- Microsoft Office 2013 suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Outlook Email and Calendaring
- MS SharePoint 2013
- OpenText CMS
- Skype for Business
- Student Records
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Smart Board and Smart Notebook software
We can also arrange custom courses or events, on any of the above, for your team or School. Contact us to discuss your options.
We may be able to source training for other software packages from external providers. Such training inevitably incurs cost. However, if there is sufficient demand, and the software can be installed in our training suites, we can arrange for a trainer to deliver training on site, significantly reducing the cost. Please contact us if you have training needs that are not currently met by us.
We also provide workbooks suitable for self-study in the following:
- Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Visual Basic 2005
You can download these as PDFs from the Workbooks section of our website - access is restricted to University of Aberdeen so you will need to login using your computer username and password.
We publish a full schedule of IT courses and workshops each session: September-December and February-mid June.
Unless otherwise stated, our courses are free to Staff and Research Postgraduate students of the University.
For other categories - see current rates.
You will use the online Course Booking System. For more guidance and to view our booking conditions, see our bookings page. For OpenText CMS training dates, please see the Web Team's pages on StaffNet.
The online Course Booking System is fully automated. If places are available, the booking system will send you an automated confirmation email. This email includes:
- Instructions on what to do if you need to cancel
- How to add the course to your Outlook calendar - recommended
We reserve the right to cancel a course if we do not have sufficient bookings.
- Most courses require a minimum of 5 persons to run. We will notify you of cancellation by midday, 2 working days before the course date.
- You can book on a later course if you wish.
If the course you want to book on is full, you can choose join the waiting list for that course.
- If places become available on the course, they will automatically be assigned to those on the waiting list in order of booking.
- The booking system will also send you an automated confirmation email if you are assigned a place.
If you are unable to attend a course:
- Please login to the online Course Booking System to cancel; we can then offer your place to somebody else.
- You will not receive an email confirmation about the cancellation.
- If you added the course booking to your Outlook calendar, you will need to remove this manually.
Be sure to check the venue in the online Course Booking System.
We will issue you with a workbook at the start of your class but, unless the course tutor indicates otherwise, you must hand this in before you leave the class. We have adopted this approach to cut down on printing costs and help reduce wastage.
All our training workbooks (and associated course files) are available electronically. You can download them from the Workbooks section of our website - access is restricted to University of Aberdeen so you will need to login using your computer username and password.
Please direct enquiries about IT training to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.