The DigiTool Digital Asset Management System supports the cataloguing, management, sharing, searching, and retrieval of digital collections owned by the University of Aberdeen. The Digital Asset Management system can be searched directly or via the Resource Discovery system.
- Cataloguing of digital material using either MARC or Dublin Core metadata
- Individual or bulk uploading of digital objects
- Organisation of material into itemised or logical collections
- Browsing of collections
- Simple and advanced search options
- Search and delivery of locally-held digital resources, including:
- Full text of electronic PhD and MSc theses
- Digital versions of archival, manuscript and special collections material
- Digital versions of photographic material
- Digital images of Museum objects
- Digital versions of past exam papers
- All University of Aberdeen staff and students
- All registered library users
- Researchers, students and members of the public
- The systems are available 24x7 with the exception of a brief period around 2:30am each morning and during any pre-scheduled software upgrades or system maintenance.
The DigiTool Digital Asset Management System is accessible by all University of Aberdeen staff and students and open to the world. Delivery of some content is restricted to University of Aberdeen staff and students.
The systems are maintained and supported by the Library Systems Team within the Applications Management Division. The systems use commercial off the shelf software, with upgrades and additional technical support provided by external suppliers.
- A Quick Guide is available at www.abdn.ac.uk/library/documents/guides/dbs/qgdbs006.pdf
- Further support, including training and documentation, is provided by Library, Special Collections and Museums staff.
- Requests for access should be directed to the Information Centre, Sir Duncan Rice Library or by email to email@example.com
- Users must ensure that they abide by the copyright notice attached to individual objects and the regulations regarding downloading of material from electronic resources for guidance.
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Conditions for using IT Facilities at www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/documents/policy-zone-information-policies/DIT_cond-IT.pdf
- The DigiTool Digital Asset Management service is primarily funded by Library, Special Collections and Museums and provided at no cost to end users.