IT training for University of Aberdeen staff and students is provided by IT Services Training and Documentation (TaD) Team.
We publish a schedule of tutor-led training sessions - both face to face and online - in support of core University software applications and systems including MS 365, MS Office, and Student Records. On request, we can also arrange custom training sessions for your team or School.
We provide a comprehensive catalogue of online learning materials for self-study.
We provide documentation and information supporting the use of University IT systems and services including workbooks, fact sheets, web pages, and news about IT services.
We provide support for the use of MS 365 applications - including the MS Office suite, Teams, and SharePoint - and Adobe Acrobat. Please contact the IT Service Desk - email@example.com or myit.abdn.ac.uk - in the first instance. Your call will be directed to a member of our team if appropriate.
Find out more about the TaD Team at www.abdn.ac.uk/tad.
- Scheduled, tutor-led training sessions throughout the year
- Scheduled drop-in and information sessions
- Custom training sessions as appropriate
- Fact sheets and user guides
- Workbooks for self-study in MS Office and Adobe applications
- Online learning materials for self-study in MS Office, Adobe applications and more
- Research postgraduate students
- Undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
- External (limited support)
- Tutor-led training sessions are generally available between 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods
- Online learning materials are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Support for core University software and systems, via the Service Desk, 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday
- Out of hours support for core University software and systems, via the Service Desk MyIT portal at myit.abdn.ac.uk
Level of Service
- Provision of free training sessions on core University software and systems to staff and research postgraduates
- Note: Support for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students is limited and provided on a best endeavour basis
- Provision of training sessions on both the Old Aberdeen and Foresterhill Campus
- Training at other University of Aberdeen and external sites may be arranged on request
- Provision of online booking system
- Booking system allocates course places automatically on a first come, first served basis
- Booking system generates automated booking confirmation and reminder emails
- Booking system maintains an automated waiting list for oversubscribed sessions
- Training sessions will be delivered as planned provided number of attendees is 5 or more
- Cancellation of sessions will be notified by midday two working days before the course wherever possible
- Provision of custom training sessions for teams, departments or Schools as appropriate
- Provision of up to date documentation and user guides on current versions of core University software applications and systems
- Liaison with third party training consultants to meet training requirements not covered by the TaD Team remit, as required
Support and Documentation
- Support for core University software applications – contact the Service Desk in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We aim to respond to calls assigned to us by the Service Desk within 24 hours, and to resolve calls within 2-3 working days where possible.
- Schedule of training sessions - www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking (filter by 'IT Skills')
- Fact sheets and user guides for staff and students - www.abdn.ac.uk/toolkit
- Downloadable workbooks for self-study - www.abdn.ac.uk/it/services/training/workbooks
- For help using core University software applications - contact the Service Desk in the first instance - email@example.com
- Book online for scheduled training sessions - www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking (filter by 'IT Skills')
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request custom training sessions and one-to-one support
- To ensure you have a valid University username and password before attending training sessions (external users are provided with temporary login credentials)
- If attending corporate application training sessions (e.g. Student Records), to ensure you have access to the relevant corporate application package
- To read description and prerequisites before booking on a training session
- To notify email@example.com if you can no longer attend a session, or cancel via the Course Booking System
- Training sessions and support for core University software applications and systems are provided to staff and students free of charge.
- Charges for external candidates are available online at www.abdn.ac.uk/it/services/training/courses
- Charges will apply for training sessions provided by third-party training consultants