Snap is a survey tool that allows you to build online, paper and mobile surveys in any language with analysis and reporting.
Staff should not to store highly confidential or sensitive material in SNAP and should adhere to Data Protection Act when collecting data.
- Designing of surveys (with paper version)
- Webhost server to run the surveys online
- Ability to send surveys (and reminders) to a list of specific users
- Ability to set up a static survey for which a URL can then be sent to people
- All UoA Staff and Students
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
SNAP is supported by the Research Applications and Data Management Team and a limited number of appointments are available to Staff and Students requiring help with their surveys.
- Backup and Restore of items: Backed up as per University standards.
- Downtime: If there is to be an outage then users directly supported by the Research Applications and Data Management Team will be contacted via email.
- Details will also be displayed on IT Services news page www.abdn.ac.uk/it/news/
- Basic guidance can be found at www.abdn.ac.uk/toolkit/systems/snap/
- A half an hour appointment can be booked free of charge by emailing email@example.com
- Please note appointments are limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Bookings for institutional surveys can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- These surveys should not be run during vacation or exam times, and there should only be one active survey running at a time.
- For other surveys, please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable schedule.
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Information Security Policy and Conditions for using IT Services.
- A limited number of Institutional Surveys are provided by the team.
- For research based projects there will be a cost and these should be absorbed into your grant. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.