IT Services provides a managed fixed and mobile telephony service enabling internal and external communications.
The fixed desktop telephone service is available to all staff and research postgraduate students who have dedicated office space.
The mobile service is available to staff, subject to departmental approval.
- Supply, configuration of line, and installation of fixed telephones in UoA offices in University buildings.
- Each telephone has a dedicated extension number and can be called directly from outside the University.
- There are generally two different types of handset provided:
- The standard telephone handset has caller display and two way hands free speech.
- An analog, non-display telephone and line may be provided as standard in certain buildings or on request for conference or cordless telephones.
- Outgoing restriction can be adjusted to block calls to International, Mobile or other numbers.
- Pick up groups can be set to allow users in a shared office to answer each other’s calls.
- Hunt groups can be set to allow a group of users to be called via one number.
- Voicemail is part of the Mitel telephone system. It is available on all University four-digit telephone extension numbers and we can make adjustments for shared telephone extensions and for anyone who has more than one telephone extension. It can be accessed by dialling 4444.
- The Department/School requesting this service is responsible for all associated – see University Telephone Network Charges for details.
- Audio Conferencing
- The standard display telephone handset has hands free speech which allows you to conduct a two way hands free conversation at your desk.
- A range of audio conferencing equipment is available for larger groups; please contact Media Services for further information.
- University main switchboard Operator service:
- Handles all incoming calls to the main University telephone number during normal business hours.
- Verifies and updates University telephone directories.
- IT Services offers a full range of mobile communication devices on our EE corporate contract: please see the IT Services pages on StaffNet for details - www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-resources.php.
- To place an order, please complete our online form.
- The fixed desktop telephone service is available to all staff and research postgraduate students who have dedicated office space.
- The mobile service is available to staff, subject to departmental approval.
- Both the fixed line and mobile telephone services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Occasional maintenance is required on the service and as such will sometimes result in an ‘at risk’ period. Where possible this will occur on a weekday out with normal business hours and be advertised by email and on the IT Services Service News web pages.
Additional information is available at:
- IT Services Computers, Software and Telephones page on StaffNet.
- Telephone user guides are available to download from the Toolkit Telephony resource – click the Guides link.
- For all other support, contact the IT Service Desk - www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-support
Our Service Level Description (SLD) response and action times will be applied to standard requests which are dealt with by the IT Service Desk - www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-support.php.
- New fixed telephone extension/s.
- New mobile device/s.
- Move or change to configuration of fixed telephone extension/s.
- Activation or assistance with Unified Messaging (Voicemail).
- Update to University telephone directory.
- Audio Conferencing assistance.
- Assistance in connecting UoA mobile devices, that are capable of being connected, to data networks (Including Eduroam) for internet access.
- Assistance in configuring UoA mobile devices to connect to UoA Exchange for email and calendaring.
- Support for any University supplied telephone equipment.
Additional service requests are outside our standard Service Level Descriptions (SLDs) and will be dealt with on a best endeavour basis.