Some final tasks required after the datacentre move at the weekend. This will impact H drive and shared drive storage this evening.
What is happening?
As one of the final tasks for the datacentre move to Garthdee we require to update the primary location for a number of file systems to point to the new datacentre. This will involve a brief outage to some “H” drive and shared drives this evening as detailed below.
When is this happening?
From 5.30 to 6.30pm on Monday 22 December, the following files and services will be offline:
All H Drive access
- Foresterhill shared network files
From 6.30 to 8.30pm on Monday 22 December “H” Drive, shared network and corporate applications should be considered at risk.
- During this second period we do not expect there to be any service outages, but there may be short network interruptions while services are moved then brought back online in the new datacentre.
What you should do?
If you need to work into the evening on Monday 22 December please make sure you backup your files before 5.30pm. Please also be aware of the ‘at risk’ period for corporate applications.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
In 2012 the University of Aberdeen and the Robert Gordon University joined forces to construct a new energy efficient datacentre in the University Edward Wright building. The addition of the second data centre within the Aberdeen Business School at Garthdee campus this year will provide redundancy in case one should fail.
The University of Aberdeen has won multiple awards for the data centre project and for the energy efficiency within its environment.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018