Ongoing upgrade of card readers. If you access restricted areas or a building out of hours, your ID card may need updated.
What is happening?
To increase security on campus we are required to replace a number of our door entry readers. As a result, the electronic information stored on your University of Aberdeen ID card will need to be updated.
This will affect those who have access to specific restricted areas or require to be onsite out of hours. If you do not update your ID card then you may be unable to pass through secure doors once the new door entry readers have been installed.
What should you do?
We will send targeted communications to each building affected, providing information on how and when to upgrade your ID card.
If you wish to upgrade your card prior to this then please visit the IT Service Desks in the Edward Wright Building or Polwarth Building. The update only takes only a few seconds and once complete, you will not need to have it updated again.
It is planned that additional card upgrade devices will be available at other locations as the programme progresses.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018