New versions of SPSS and AMOS now available for installation
What is happening?
To continue using SPSS and AMOS after July 31st, you must upgrade to version 23. SPSS version 23 is now available via the Software Center and the Software Download Service. AMOS 23 is available via the Download Service.
The licence for version 22 expires on Friday July 31st. Version 22 will stop functioning after that date.
What should you do?
To install SPSS 23 on a University based domain PC or networked laptop:
- Go to the Software Center on your computer: Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft System Centre 2012 R2 > Configuration Manager > Software Center
- From the list of software, select IBM SPSS Statistics 23 then Install
- The installation will take from 10 to 60 minutes. You can minimise the installation screen while the software is installing but please do not restart your PC until installation is complete.
- Note that installing SPSS 23 from the Software Center will automatically uninstall SPSS 22.
If you have problems with the campus installation of SPSS 23 or need AMOS 23 installed on campus, please send an email to the Service Desk - email@example.com - including the following information:
- Subject: SPSS/AMOS Installation Request
- Your Name
- Contact Phone Number
- PC Name, e.g. CLSM-001234
To install SPSS 23 or AMOS 23 on a personal machine, then you will need to remove version 22 and install version 23 using the instructions and license codes located within the Statistics section of the Software Download service at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/local/download.