This will be a new image for this year, so only requested software will be installed.
We are beginning to look at classroom software provision for academic year 2015/16 and would like you to let us know what your software or upgrade requirements are.
This summer, we will be deploying Windows 7 64-bit in all IT Services managed student classrooms. We will be retaining Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer as the default browser.
For details of the current departmental software lists, see:
What should you do?
Please review these lists and let us know if you still require any of the software listed or any new applications you require for the next academic year – contact us at email@example.com.
This year the PC rollout will begin on 6 July, so it is essential we receive your response before 1 July to ensure inclusion on the build. Once again, to allow early testing, we intend to establish pilot systems in mid June.
With regard to the software maintained by IT Services, you will find details of proposed upgrades at www.abdn.ac.uk/it/documents/proposed.pdf. Please let us know if you have any comments on what is proposed.
May we remind you that classroom software must be licensed for concurrent use. Facilities are in place that allow us to restrict use of software to particular locations and/or to the number of users to meet licence agreements. If you would like to discuss any licensing issues within the classroom environment please get in touch at your earliest convenience.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018