From TODAY, eduroam wireless service will require you to login using firstname.lastname@example.org
What is happening?
We have detected that a large number of people are still connecting to the Eduroam wireless network with the wrong username format. From lunchtime on Wednesday 11 March 2015 you will find that your connection to Eduroam may break unless you append @abdn.ac.uk to your username when connecting to eduroam, e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
Note: Your username is what you use to login to University networked PCs (e.g. classroom or office desktop PCs). It is not your email address.
What should you do?
If you initially set up your eduroam connection using the XpressConnect automatic configuration wizard, you don’t need to do anything. Your username will already be set up correctly.
If you did not use XpressConnect, or if you have since altered the eduroam connection, then we recommend you set up your eduroam connection again. Use XpressConnect and make sure you provide your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org You’ll find a link to XpressConnect on our wireless web page at www.abdn.ac.uk/wireless/ - or via the ‘wireless help’ service.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018