From Monday 2 March, eduroam wireless service will require you to login using firstname.lastname@example.org
What is happening?
Note: Your username is what you use to login to University networked PCs (e.g. classroom or office desktop PCs). It is not your email address.
What should you do?
If you initially set up your eduroam connection using the XpressConnect automatic configuration wizard, you don’t need to do anything. Your username will already be set up correctly.
If you did not use XpressConnect, or if you have since altered the eduroam connection, then we recommend you set up your eduroam connection again. Use XpressConnect and make sure you provide your username in the format email@example.com
- You’ll find a link to XpressConnect on our wireless web page at www.abdn.ac.uk/wireless/ - or via the ‘wireless help’ service.
Why is this happening?
From 2 March, you will not be able to connect to eduroam without specifying @abdn.ac.uk in your username. This eduroam policy requirement will ensure that all University of Aberdeen staff and students connect successfully to eduroam when visiting other eduroam institutions, at home and abroad.
If you have any questions about this change, please contact the Service Desk.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018