Changes to Aberdeen dialling codes from 1st October
What is happening?
In order to increase the number of telephone numbers available the communications industry regulator OFCOM have announced changes in the way people make local calls in the Aberdeen dialling code area.
From October 1st 2014, you'll need to dial the whole phone number including the 01224 area code when dialling a local number, as you would from a mobile telephone.
What should you do?
To make a call from a University telephone extension to an Aberdeen local number you will need to dial 9 to select an outside line, as normal, then 01224 followed by the six digit local number, for example 901224123456.
If you forget you will hear a recorded message asking you to redial.
The six digit numbers themselves are not changing and there is no difference in the cost of the call.
We would also like to remind users that any four digit University telephone extension at Old Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Oceanlab and Rowett can call any other directly by just dialling the four digit extension number.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018