Upgrade of PCs not running current institutional version of Java
What is happening?
As part of the normal upgrade and maintenance of the University software portfolio, IT Services will be upgrading PCs running an older version of Java to the current University standard version, Java 1.6.30.
This upgrade is due to take place on Tuesday 30 April, 17:00 – 18:00.
You will not be required to do anything but you may notice that after the update occurs, the next reboot of your PC will be a little slower than normal.
What should you do?
Please be aware that some PCs will be deploying a Java upgrade on Tuesday evening. On your next reboot, you may notice your PC taking a little longer to reach the login prompt than usual. Please wait while the PC completes the automatic installation.
If you have any problems with this upgrade, please get in touch with the Service Desk on the contact details below.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018