Updated certificate on campus wireless network
What is happening?
The certificate that wireless clients use when authenticating on to any of the University wireless services is being updated on Friday 20th July.
What should you do?
From Friday, wireless users of Apple devices will, upon first connecting to a University wireless service, be prompted to accept the new certificate for radius.abdn.ac.uk. Users of these Apple devices should accept the new certificate when prompted. You should only be prompted the first time you connect to the service. Note: Prompts to accept a new certificate for an existing wireless configuration could indicate an attempted breach of security. As such DIT will always inform you of any changes such as this which may require acceptance of a new certificate.
Most wireless clients will not need to do anything and as such Windows and Android clients should not notice any change.
Note that there will be further alterations to continue to improve the wireless service on campus throughout the summer. If you experience any issues with the above change, or with the wireless service at any time, please contact the Service Desk - email@example.com.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018