Do you regularly connect a USB drive to University classroom PCs?
If you do, please be aware that any virus-infected file on your USB drive that is identified by the University’s anti-virus software as being high risk will be automatically deleted from your device.
- You will not see a warning before this happens.
- You will not be given the option to quarantine high risk files.
This is due to recent changes to the University’s anti-virus software and subsequent changes to policy.
Please make sure you have an additional backup of any important documents/files. For guidance, see our fact sheet – Backing up your work.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018