Latest update regarding the Anti-virus software deployment.
What is happening?
As previously communicated, the University of Aberdeen is replacing the Sophos anti-virus software installed on all University-owned campus-based Windows PCs and laptops.
The first stage of this replacement will start today with DIT enabling a Windows component called Configuration Manager, which will then facilitate the removal of Sophos and the addition of the new anti-virus solution at a later date.
What should you do?
You will see a new component in the Control Panel called Configuration Manager and a new item on the start menu called “Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager”.
There is no further action required on your part.
Further updates will be issued when we are ready to replace Sophos and a further update will follow for Apple Mac users. Please refer to the following web page http://www.abdn.ac.uk/dit/antivirus/ for more details.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018