Essential maintenance on undergraduate and taught postgraduate fileservers
What is happening?
This is only relevant to you if you intend to use any of the DIT supported PCs in the classrooms, public access areas or libraries between 07:00 and 10:00 on Wednesday 13 April 2011.
For operational reasons, DIT will be carrying out some essential maintenance on the servers that hold the undergraduate ( and taught postgraduate ) file store. We have to do this work during the vacation to reduce the impact on all of you. This maintenance period is scheduled to last from 08:00 - 09:00 but to be on the safe side and to allow some leeway we are advising you that the period of risk will be from 07:00 - 10:00.
What should you do?
During this time:
- You will not have access to your H: drive ( pchomes ) so prior to that time make sure you have saved any work
- You may find that it takes much longer to log on to the system
- You may find slow response for some web sites, including WebCT
- If you access your H: drive via FTP or VPN from a wireless connected laptop you will not be able to do this during that time.
We would suggest that you either save your work to a USB memory stick and work from that, or wait until the work has finished before starting to use the system.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018