Risk of loss of network connectivity, Wednesday 12th between 6pm and 8pm.
What is happening?
DIT Service Engineers are continuing to investigate problems relating to the reliability of the campus network service. There is a requirement to change the configuration of the software that controls the campus network switches and restart them. In order to implement this, the switches will have to be restarted and this is scheduled to occur on the evening of Wednesday 12th May 2010, between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. During this period there will be short outage periods (approx 5-10 mins), whilst these switches are restarted.
This will affect all network based services e.g. internet access, email, wireless networks, file store (H: drives), team shares etc. Any connections affected should be automatically re-connected when the relevant switch is re-started.
What should you do?
Please be aware that there is a risk of loss of network connectivity during this period. If you are working during this period, please save your work regularly to avoid any loss of data.
Please accept out apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018