Planned maintenance to restore shared drive access to primary disk storage
What is happening?
You may recall that last month DIT service engineers had to carry out essential maintenance to our services and that as a result of a failure on our primary disk storage we have been working from our backup systems since then. We are now in a position to complete the work and restore working to our primary disk storage. This work is scheduled to occur this weekend the 8th and 9th of May.
Consequently, there will no availability of some key computing services and restricted availability to others during the weekend of the 8th and 9th of May. The service outage will run from 8am on Saturday the 8th May until 6pm the following day, Sunday the 9th May.
Service availability is shown in the table below, All services provisioned from the Medicine domain at Foresterhill will be unaffected.
What should you do?
If you intend to work you should be aware that most DIT services such as printing, file storage and most corporate applications will not be available and that you should save any work on a local storage regularly to minimise any work loss during this period.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Should you have any concerns or queries please contact the DIT Service Desk:
- Tel: 3636 (externally on: 01224 273636)
- Web client: www.abdn.ac.uk/servicedesk/self-service
- E-mail: email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018