Intermittent problems with Sophos updating and devices that use specific proxy settings
What is happening?
We are currently experiencing intermittent problems with the proxy service that began around 16:30 yesterday. Most PCs should now be connecting to the internet successfully however, Sophos may be failing to update.
We are also still experiencing problems with any mobile devices, connecting via our wireless service, that use specific proxy settings eg. PDA, some Mac laptops, etc. DIT engineers are working on fixing this.
What should you do?
You do not need to do anything regarding the Sophos updates.
If you are connecting a mobile device to the wireless service and are having problems viewing webpages, please check your proxy settings and try removing any references to proxy.abdn.ac.uk. Information on how to check your proxy settings are at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/proxy/
If you are still having problems, please contact the Servicedesk.
- Tel: 3636 (externally on: 01224 273636)
- Web client: www.abdn.ac.uk/servicedesk/self-service
- E-mail: email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018