E-mail system to be taken off-line on Thursday evening at 18:00 for period of 2 hours.
What is happening?
As part of the ongoing maintenance of the University’s e-mail service it is necessary from time to time to update the software to ensure the continued stability and security of the system. On Thursday evening at 18:00, the e-mail system will need to be taken off-line for a period of two hours. During this time you will not be able to connect to the e-mail service to send or receive e-mails.
As part of the upgrade some non-disruptive work will take place on the evening of Wednesday 6 January at 17:30 and this should not affect your ability to send or receive e-mails.
What should you do?
You should not need to do anything on Wednesday evening and can work as per usual.
On Thursday evening, before 18:00, you should Exit the e-mail client (Outlook, Entourage etc.), after two hours you should be able to restart your e-mail client and work normally. If you do remain connected, you will find that you will be disconnected and that after the period of two hours you may need to Exit the e-mail client, in order to reconnect.
Should you have any concerns or queries please contact the DIT Service Desk:
- Tel: 3636 (externally on: 01224 273636)
- Web client: www.abdn.ac.uk/servicedesk/self-service
- E-mail: email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018