Update on the recent phishing email.
Recent phishing emails
You may have noticed a number of spam or phishing emails over the last few days, particularly with the subject line “Administrator Team”.
We can confirm that this is a phishing email and can be deleted. We have taken action to block this from within campus but we remind everyone to remain vigilant.
Remember, IT Services will NEVER ask for details of your University credentials by email. If you receive an email asking you to provide those details, delete it.
What should you do?
If in any doubt, do not click on any links or attachments that you are not expecting, even if from a known source. Guidance on how to spot phishing emails can be found in the Learners’ Toolkit at http://www.abdn.ac.uk/toolkit/basics/outlook
If you are in any way concerned about an email you have received please contact the IT Service Desk. Thank you to those who have taken the time to report this to us.
You will find more information on IT security on the University Website - https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/working-here/it-security.php.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018