Further maintenance on UPS at Garthdee. IT services at risk overnight Mon 6 Nov.
What is happening?
There is a risk of an outage to some IT services on Monday 6 November from 5.30pm while repairs and testing are done to the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) in our secondary data centre, which is based at Garthdee and shared with Robert Gordon University.
The services impacted are:
- Student H: drives and some staff H: drives
- VDI services including STEM VDI desktops
- Access to some shared drives
- Access to some corporate systems
There is risk of interruption to these services until 9am on Tuesday 7 November, although we do aim to complete the maintenance and testing as early as possible on Monday evening.
No other IT services should be affected.
There has been a major failure with the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that feeds the IT data centre at Garthdee.
Investigations to date have identified a number of faulty parts that need replaced within the UPS. The plan on Monday 6 November is to replace the faulty parts and then, assuming everything looks right, to test the UPS under live load. Part of the testing will involve simulating a mains power failure. This testing carries a risk of power loss and therefore an interruption to the IT services listed above.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018