In putting together the IT Services strategic plan, we consulted with colleagues across the University to ensure our focus is on priorities that will help the research led University of Aberdeen achieve its Global Ambitions, as detailed in the University’s Strategic Plan.
Both internal and external influences and drivers have helped shape our strategic direction, as have technological trends within the IT industry:
- Internal: Staff and Student Expectations; Recruitment and Retention; Value for Money; Power/Waste Reduction
- External: Government Policy in HE; Research Environment; Immigration Controls
- Technological: Any device, anytime, anywhere; Competitiveness; Forward Planning and Innovation; Meeting Regulatory Requirements
Our plan outlines six strategic aims, and supporting goals, which will be pivotal in delivering IT services for the future:
- Enhance Customer Experience
- Enhance Teaching & Learning Experience
- Support the University’s Research Ambitions
- Support Business Improvement
- Enhance the IT Environment
- Deliver Greener IT
To find out more about the influences and drivers that have helped shape our strategic direction, and about the goals supporting our six strategic aims, download the Strategic Plan.
There are exciting and challenging times ahead, but we remain committed to delivering world class customer driven IT services to enable the University to generate highly valued research, teach effectively, and share ideas.
Director of Digital and Information Services