Throughout the exam period there are a number of services that are available to help students combat stress.
These services and facilities are listed below.
Study and Relaxation Spaces
- Available Wednesdays (3rd May, 10th May and 17th May 2017) from 9am until 5pm.
Drop into the Inter-faith Centre’s lounge to enjoy relaxing music, snacks, drinks and conversations that do not revolve around exams, essays or dissertations. Sponsored by the Pagan Society.
- Monday to Fridays between 9am and 5pm
The Inter-faith Centre’s lounge is available for study and breaks with tea, coffee and a snack provided.
St Mary’s Church, King Street (opposite Uni)
- Every Tuesday between 1-4pm.
A Student Quiet Space is available for students throughout the year, and will continue this throughout exams.
The Mission, St Machar Drive/Dunbar Street
- Monday to Fridays between 9am and 1pm.
A free coffee, a quiet place to study, to chill or even to charge your phone.
- Hillhead Community Lounge, Kitchen and TV Room in the Community Centre, Hillhead - available 24 hours.
Quiet study during the day, most evenings and nights.
Stress Busting Services
Onsite Massage for students
- Sir Duncan Rice Library (Room 224), Thursday 4th May 2017, 3:45-6:15pm.
The University Sport and Exercise Team are running Free Onsite Massage for students – spaces are limited, sign up open from 3:30pm.
Stress busting activities
- The Student Resident Assistants in the Halls will be running a program of stress busting events. Tea and coffee will be available too. Click here to view the programme of events.
- Any day, any time - Student Resident Assistants - destress arts and decorate the community centre
- Hillhead, 12th May, 7.30pm - Student Resident Assistants - Homemade Spa Treat
- Hillhead, 13th May, 8pm - Student Resident Assistants - Eurovision
- Hillhead, 14th May, 2pm - Student Resident Assistants - Nature Walk