There are lots of support mechanisms available at the University depending on what you need help with. Our Supporting Students pages have more information on the full range of services available and we have included some services specifically for Tier 4 students below.

It is important to remember that your visa is yours to protect.  Whenever you seek advice on an issue relating to your studies, or time in the UK, you must make sure that you get advice specifically with regard to your visa.

Tier 4 Team

You can contact the Tier 4 Team for advice on changing your programme or degree; any academic issues you are facing; questions on the visa check process; issues with attendance or absence from University; and registration.

You can reach us by emailing

International Student Advisers

You can contact an International Student Adviser for advice on working in the UK; issues with your visa – loss, theft or damage; changing your Tier 4 visa – needing an extension or new visa; working in the UK; bringing dependants to the UK; and police registration.

You can reach them by visiting them in the Students’ Union Building, top floor; by calling 01224 273935; or by emailing


You can contact the Infohub for questions and queries that you may have regarding your studies; finances; accommodation; making payments; letter requests; and staying in Aberdeen. They can tell you what services the University has and help you find the right person to help.

You can reach them by visiting them in the Students’ Union Building, ground floor, or by emailing

UK Council for International Student Affairs

UKCISA is an organisation designed to help and support international students in the UK. They work to lobby the UK Government on issues that impact our international students and are a great source of information and advice on living in the UK and holding a visa.