‘Mode of Study’ indicates whether you are a full-time or part-time student.
If you are thinking of changing your mode of study from full-time study to part-time (or vice-versa), you should complete the Mode of Study form, then take it to the Duty Registry Officer in the Infohub to discuss it.
At the beginning of the academic year some students can make this change themselves. Those who cannot do so:
- Students holding a Tier 4 visa
- Students on a degree programme that does not offer an alternative mode of study.
- Students on an honours degree programme in years 3 and above
1. A change to your mode of study will have an effect on how much tuition fees you pay and who pays this.
2. Part-time students are not eligible to receive government funding and are liable for paying council tax.